Winters in the northeast mean snow. That means snow removal.
Here are some snow removal safety tips:
1. Make sure to dress appropriately. If it's very cold, dress in layers. It does not take long for frostbite to set in when temperatures drop to extreme levels.
2. Know your body and your health. Some people simply should not shovel snow. If you have heart problems or have been told to avoid strenuous activities, do not shovel snow.
3. Warm your muscles before beginning shoveling. It's easy to get sore muscles from shoveling snow. Decrease your risk of a muscle injury or heart issue by warming up your muscles with light exercise for about ten minutes.
4. Use the proper equipment. Not all snow shovels are created equal. Choose a snow shovel that is compatible to your height, reach and strength.
5. Check with your doctor. Have questions about any of the above? Check with your doctor to make sure you stay safe when removing snow.
For more information on home insurance in Connecticut, call: 1-866-479-3327
Customer satisfaction is the key to an independent agent's livelihood. So, serving policyholders is an independent agent's most important concern. We offer one-stop shopping for a full range of products - home, renters, auto, business, life and health.
We are committed to always "be there when you need us" to answer questions, modify coverage, or provide claim assistance. Call for a quote and you'll quickly experience the "Petruzelo Difference:" sincerely caring and personal service that really does make a difference.